Thursday, November 15, 2012

Last and final update!

So, this is the final observation/blog post of the semester.  I hope you guys have enjoyed checkin' out my cool organisms that I have came upon the last couple of weeks.

Well, yesterday, November 14th 2012, I took another set of pictures for you all. 


The first organism is an Epalxis. These tended to swim around in a circular pattern, and it took forever for Ken and I to get a descent picture of these. (Source 5).


The second organism--An Euplote. This is probably my favorite picture I took so the whole semester. These were really cool organisms, and this one actually sat long enough for me to get a picture of. (Source 6). 


Third organism: A Halteria. There were a bunch of these organisms, mostly at the bottom of my microaquarium near the sediment. (Source 7).


The fourth organism: This organism below is called a Diffuglia. (The left) And to the right is another Euplote. The little arms you see on the diffuglia reach out around the organism and grab things to eat. I found it very interesting. (Source 8, the left..and Source 6, the right).


The fifth: This organism I have seen and blogged about before, a Seed Shrimp. But this one is finally alive! I have only seem the carcases or dead ones at the bottom so needless to say I was excited to finally see one alive. (Source 9). 


The last and final organism of my observation was a dividing cyclidium. This was pretty cool to witness! Check it out: (Source 10).



Overall, this was an interesting experience. This week in particular though, I not only got a bunch of new pictures for my blog but also realized that everything was slowing down in my microaquarium. Probably from the the lack of food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment